Founded in 1955 in Reggio Emilia as Iotti & Strozzi, the company started operating in the emerging field of fluid energy control.
Gear pumps, motors, valves and cylinders quickly substituted old and unwieldy mechanical transmissions.
Reggio Emilia, in the heart of the Po Valley, is an important and well-known centre for agricultural mechanization and this was the main field of interest and activity of the newly born company. At that time there was little knowledge of New Technology and clients were gradually gained thanks to the technical support the company provided for its customers. Products were constantly perfected, applications increased in every productive field and the market expanded rapidly.
The company shifted to an automated production system structure and adopted a dynamic and modern mentality. A new effective company policy was also developed.
In 1992, the company became part of the financial and industrial Group Gallinari and changed its name to Galtech S.p.A.
In 1995, the company obtained the ISO 9001 Certificate as a result of the quality and efficiency of its system, a quality and efficiency that is recognized by its customers and final users. The continuous growth of the market together with the need of very strict delivery times has been leading the company during the lastyears to the optimization of the production system according to the "lean production" philosophy.
In July 2009 Company Galtech Spa changed its name into Galtech S.r.l., by becoming a limited company. All of the other details have remained unchanged and development projects and investments have been confirmed.